Hi! I'm Ms. Maguire, and you can do math. Welcome to my live online help chat for Algebra 1. I'm the only tutor you'll be talking to here. I'll show you how to solve the problem(s) confusing you, step by step. It's perfect for homework and studying for tests, especially with word problems.
Here's an example of how I showed a student how to solve this algebra word problem:
Two cyclists, 84 miles apart, start riding toward each other at the same time. One cycles two times as fast as the other. If they meet 4 hours later, what is the speed (in mi/h) of the faster cyclist?
a. Write an equation using the information as it is given above that can be solved to answer this problem. Use the variable r to represent the speed of the slower cyclist.
b. What is the speed of the faster cyclist? ____ mi/hr
1. Make sure the gray box says "Chat With Us" (not "Leave a message").
2. Say hello to me in the chat box to check if I'm available. If I don't respond right away, please try again in a little bit. (I can only serve one student at a time). Or if you want to leave me your U.S. mobile number, I'll text you as soon as I get a chance.
3. Feel free to ask any questions about whether I'm able to help you. Note that this math tutor chat is for algebra 1 only.
4. Submit your payment by scrolling to the bottom of my tutoring page then clicking "Checkout." It will not ask for your postal address.
5. Type (or copy and paste) the first problem with which you need help into the gray chat box. If it makes more sense to give me a screenshot, photo, or document, let me know, and I'll tell you where to send it to.
No, this math tutor chat is not appropriate for tests. That would be cheating. We prepare for tests by studying and practicing. Use this website for homework, practice, and sample problems.
If the bottom right corner of your screen says "Leave a message," that means I'm not available at the moment. Feel free to send me a message, which will go directly to my e-mail inbox.
It helps if you can tell me whether you're a student, teacher, or parent.
It will ask for your name and e-mail address. I value your privacy and will not share or sell your personal data.
Within 24 hours, you should receive an e-mail reply from me.
Algebra 1 word problems can be frustrating. Take advantage of this simple, easy math tutor chat!